Having seen some of the amazing things people create with resin I was keen to give it a try. The little Chinese submersible seemed like a great choice for a sea-based diorama.
One of the drawbacks with the resin I ended up using is that you can only pour 25mm deep layers, otherwise it won’t cure properly. I ended up doing 3 pours, but luckily it’s pretty hard to see the divisions between the layers unless you’re really looking for them. I put this down to the optical clarity of the resin, and the lack of encapsulared bubbles.
Pretty happy with this all-in-all. Next time i might try doing a pour into a temporary structure that can be removed after the resin sets, leaving just the resin with no plastic walls.